Death Dealer Mercenaries :: The original Death Dealer Mercs

Death Dealer MercenariesGeneral Discussiondedicated server??

#1:  dedicated server?? Author: DDM_Metalfiend Post You have posted in this forum: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:02 am

I have an older comp that can run 1 but i need to get it fixed it freezes up whenever i click on anything it doesn't crash it just freezes but it used to run a dedicated no prob with up to 16 players.

If anyone has had this problem and knows how to fix it i will work on gettin up and running again as a dedicated server for all DDM stuffs

#2:   Author: DDM_LordShado Post You have posted in this forum: Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:40 am

Generally, the mektek forums has the best source of information for Mech, since they are the ones that have modified it.

#3:  Re: dedicated server?? Author: DDM_Metalfiend Post You have posted in this forum: Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:39 am

it's not a mech problem it's a comp problem i can start the comp up and it will run no problem until i click on an icon or a try to open a folder than bam it gets frozen cursor won't move or anything at first i thought maybe it was a virus or somethin but now i think it has somethin to do with a hardware prob

#4:  Re: dedicated server?? Author: SoulBandit Post You have posted in this forum: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:14 pm

My first thought is when was that PC last reformatted? an outdated OS install can lead to freezes and crashes I would cover that base first then go from there.

#5:   Author: DDM_LordShado Post You have posted in this forum: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:19 pm

Bah, I haven't reformatted my old comp in close to 5 years and its fine. Regular maintenance is the key.

But then, when I was talking to Metal, he said his kids had it...then I said reformat Razz

#6:  Re: dedicated server?? Author: SoulBandit Post You have posted in this forum: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:36 pm

The only thing I know of that will foul up a PC faster than kids is damnturk. lmao

#7:   Author: SniperStrike Post You have posted in this forum: Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:16 pm

reformat leave any non essential stuff off it if you need my help i am just an Email/Im away

#8:  Re: dedicated server?? Author: DDM_Metalfiend Post You have posted in this forum: Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:48 pm

tried to reformat itfroze up ,,,i'm not sure but i think it's fine till i plug the internet in ,,( i think will have to set it up and run it again to be sure)

#9:   Author: DDM_LordShado Post You have posted in this forum: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:07 pm

If it freezes up in DOS, it is a hardware issue, more than likely the video card or memory.

#10:   Author: SniperStrike Post You have posted in this forum: Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:48 am

DDM_LordShado wrote: › If it freezes up in DOS, it is a hardware issue, more than likely the video card or memory.
i agree ...is the MEM matched and/or in the right slots
Death Dealer MercenariesGeneral Discussiondedicated server??

Generated using printer-friendly.